Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I’m on a boat!

Okay, I'm not on a boat, but i cant get the song out of my head.  If you haven't seen the SNL skit with Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer and T-Pain, you should watch it.  *PARENTAL ADVISORY, it might be offensive* 

Anyways, boats float on water, which must be a nice characteristic.  I don’t float, thought i really wish i did.  The past week has been fairly swimming intensive.  I've ridden semi-consistently for the past month, and running is a fairly regular activity.  However, my swimming has severely dipped off.  With my first tri of the season coming up may 10th, i figure its about time to take a crash course in reestablishing my stroke.  The first two or three days in the pool were a FAIL, as to be expected.  My breathing was way out of rhythm, arms weak and inefficient, and my could not keep my head low in the water.  Long story short, these few days SUCKED.  When swimming is work, it isn’t any fun, for me.  I tried my best to not fight the water, but i knew that's all i was really doing.  Anyways, after 6 swim workouts, i think my learning curve is finally going up.  I am no where NEAR where i need to be, but I'm not struggling to swim the whole workout, which is a plus.  Fortunately, i work at the YMCA, so swim instruction, as least at a basic level, is readily accessible. 

So that’s a quick summation of my last week..two 30+mile rides, and about 3,500 yards in the pool.  Today calls for a 60 minute run, which i will knock out once i get out of class, and i plan on going back to the pool tonight, not to exert myself, but simply to try to log as much quality time in the water as possible in the next two weeks.

Hope all of you out there…(all 5 of you :-D) are doing well.  Its full training season, as least for me, as classes are winding down, with only exams standing between me and a summer full of, summer school.  dang.

much love,

peace, love, chick-fil-a

T

fail owned pwned pictures

2 comments:

Marci said...

Keep rakin' in the miles :)

Rainmaker said...

Hey...nicely done on getting numerous pool sessions in. Once it starts clicking, you'll be all good and cruising along.