Sunday, December 7, 2008

O the weather outside is frightful....

No really, it is freaking cold!!  I ran today for a little exam study break, and it was 37* when i left my apartment and probably 34* when i got back.  The weather is attempting to become my biggest opponent in my training schedule.  During my ride yesterday, cold air temps and a 15-20 mph wind in your face do not make a great combination.  But woe is me...

I have now (unwisely) trained six days in a row, after taking nearly a month off.  My legs have been feeling great, and good cool downs have saved me from any soreness.  That all changed today on the return journey of my out and back 6 mile run.  I wasn't pushing myself, pacing at about 7:45-8:00 and my legs were feeling good.  As i began the return journey, i started feeling a lil prickling in both of my Achilles tendons.  Nothing serious, i just noticed it.  After i got home and had showered and stretched, i noticed that they were sore, the only part of my body that was sore.  It wasn't a muscular sore, but more of a tender-sore.  Anyways, rest day tomorrow, I'm going to swim the next three or for training sessions, shifting around my plan, in an attempt to lower some impact and see if i can't avoid the forming of a problem.

Anyways, 
training has been going well, my legs seem to be actually rested and ready to go for the first time in a while.  Currently attempting to talk my roommates into splitting a indoor trainer with me so that i can bike during the week (not a huge fan of cycling at night, in aeros).

that is all...time to get back to Organic  Chem  :-\

1 comment:

Rainmaker said...

Good call with going to swimming for a few days. It's an easy way to still get in some training when the lower half of the body is less than pleased.