Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tentative 2010 Race Schedule-right column

*anyone coming here from Dr. Cramer’s blog, sorry if this wastes your time, but possible I'll cover some interesting endurance sports/physiology stuff in the future.  I plan to take this pseudo-sports science in the coming days*

So, last year when i tried this, i think i might have raced four of the 9 races that I originally said i would.  Granted, I added two other races, but id say race/training structure were nearly absent last year.  Twice I decided to race with less than a week ahead of time.  Don’t get me wrong, I had a lot of fun, but it is my goal this year to race these races listed, and anything else will be a cherry on top.  Raleigh Rocks will be my first legitimate 13.1 and I’m really excited to go and tear it up.  A few sprints and an international distance later, the clear A race for this year, again, will be the Beach2Battleship half.  I originally wanted to do the full this year, but realistically i can’t commit 20 hours a week to training.  However, I feel i can break 6 with even a moderate training plan, and quite possibly, id like to go :25 2:40 2:00.  The run will be the determinant.  The swim is totally with the current, and I swam :30ish last year with pretty awful swim training.  I know I'm making excuses, but hey, we’ll go with it.

There, I put it in writing, it is going to happen now, right?

It’s going to be a lot of fun, doing my hometown race *Mission Man* which should be a lot of fun!

On a side note, I am currently working with the Chapel Hill YMCA and the Chapel Hill Parks & Rec to organize a sprint TRI here in Chapel Hill sometime soon( read: realistically next season, hopefully).  If anyone in this area has any interest, or has some inside sway with either SetUp Events or Finish Strong, please let me know!!!  I’d appreciate it greatly!

I always have to leave with a picture, and this one could quite possibly hurt some feelings, but I can’t help it.

These were taken at a Wendy’s in western NC…DSC_0329

DSC_0330

wow?

1 comment:

jaime said...

hey there! I'm from Dr.Cramer's class, and your blog came at the perfect time - I just signed up for my first sprint-tri, in October - the Ramblin' Rose in Chapel Hill. I don't even have a bike yet, but am getting very excited - I'm told triathlons are addicting.....not sure about that yet!